Aromatherapy is the art of using scents from essential oils to relieve anxiety and stress. While aromatherapy in general seems to have a calming effect, there are some essential oils which have stronger abilities to calm and sooth those experiencing the aroma.I’ve put together a list of the top 5 scents for relieving stress to help you find the aroma which will have the most calming effect for you.
- Lavender- Lavender is one of the most commonly used oils for calming anxiety. Used for a wide assortment of ailments, lavender is most popularly used for stress relief. Lavender has a soothing, pleasant herbal and floral scent which calms and balances the mind and spirit. This essential oil also provides relief for the insomniac. Lavender originates from France, and can grow in almost any garden.
- Jasmine- Jasmine is another floral scent which is both sensual and relaxing. Originating from India, jasmine is better known as “the king of oils”. Jasmine is used to to prevent nervousness, mental blockage, sadness and depression.
- Chamomile- From Italy, chamomile is a powerful sedative. Most commonly known as a type of relaxing tea, it’s properties do not differ much in aromatherapy. Chamomile calms, reduces pain and stress.
- Vanilla- Vanilla is found in tropical places such as Tahiti, Java and Madagascar; it is warm, rich and sweet, and one of the most pleasant of fragrant oils on our list. Vanilla promotes calm and relieves stress.
- Sandalwood- This essential oil also originates from India, and has a variety of uses, including the ability to calm nerves and treat acne. Sandalwood also soothes irritation and helps treat depression.
There are many other essential oils that relieve stress, but these 5 are my personal favorite. If you find yourself being uptight, anxious or depressed, try using one of these fragrances to calm your nerves.
You can be the first to comment!